Sunday, 22 July 2012

"All shook up..."


Gremlins have struck my blog! You may notice that nearly all my posts have gone. I was attempting to do clever things with this blog to update it and I guess I should have left it alone.
So, it's back to the drawing board with it. Luckily, thanks to Ao Bibliophile I have backed up the entire blog so at some point I'll try and put back the posts that are missing. However, all your wonderful comments have disappeared into cyberspace.

Still, the blog will be taking on a new face soon and tomorrow sees the start of something rather fun so pop by and let me know what you think.

*     *     *     *     *

You can tell how frustrated I am by the photo. By the way all the win bottles behind me in the photo have now been consumed. I feel much calmer now *hic!*

12 comments:

  1. Oh sorry to hear this Carol.
    Thanks for the reminder to back up!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it happen - very frustrating. Good thing you did a backup. Best of luck getting it all back together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh there's a lesson - I must admit I have not got mine backed up - I just assumed it would not disappear from Blogger but I will look into this now. I have been thinking about moving my blog from Blogger to Wordpress as it seems to run more smoothly for comments and for SEO issues - but I have been holding back as I was worried that there would be some sort of catastophe in the transfer. I guess if it's all backed up it would not be so much of an issue. Hope you manage to reover yours. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh. Sorry to hear of the blog problems. That is why I am so hesitant to fiddle with mine. So afraid I'll loose everything and make a big mess. Sometimes the Devil I know is better than the Devil I haven't met yet. haha
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor you! How frustrating for you to have lost all our wonderful, witty comments. Hee Hee!! That will teach you to try to tweak things. Anyway, I'm sure we're all looking forward to some fun from you in the days ahead. Keep calm and carry on drinking the wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for telling us even the mighty Google has some glitches. Looking forward to the new look on your blog. Who knows, if you keep drinking those bottles, maybe some of the lost comments will come back to you. It's worth a try....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my friend I can only imagine the frustration. Thankfully you did have a back up of posts. Fingers crossed when the post are retrieved the comments will tag along too! Can't wait to see the new look! Sending you hugs across the miles. xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, Carol, I know how frustrating that can be. But I can't wait to see what you'll cook up for tomorrow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder to back up. (EEEK!) I look forward to the new fresh face of your blog. I know it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I've popped by as instructed, but nothing new here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who is that cheeky ReneePierceWilliams using our favourite word - Eeeeek!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment and make my day!