Thursday, 16 August 2012

Fifty, shades and going grey...

Old Ted -  star of
Surfing in Stilettos

Amanda Wilson is back. Her plans for an exciting adult 'gap year' touring around Europe are thwarted  due to a series of unfortunate events. She finds herself abandoned in France with only a cellar of Chateau Plonk, a large orange Space-hopper and Old Ted the dog for company. What could possibly go wrong? Quite a lot, it would seem...

It's finally the official launch day for the paperback version of Surfing in Stilettos. ThornBerry Publishing will be bringing out the Kindle version next month - date to be announced.

*     *     *     *     *

I am afraid I am all over the internet today. There are posts about me (things that not even you knew) extracts from the book and prizes to be won. Just found this wonderful post from Celia who is an amazing woman - click HERE

*     *     *     *     *


I am very proud of the attention the novel has already attracted including its nomination to the Costa Awards and the superb reviews that it has already received. You can read them on Amazon UK and Amazon US. There are other reviews on my website HERE.
Many grateful thanks to all of you who have taken the time and trouble to read the book and review it. If you are currently reading it please let me know what you think in the comments below.

*     *     *     *     *

The next few days will also see a few articles, reviews and I shall be guesting on various blogs. Today you can find me at the following:

loveahappyendng.com Find out why I write and read an extract from the novel not seen elsewhere before.
There is even more about the book and further extracts at Famous Five Plus
You must visit Dizzy C who has a copy of both my novels to give away at Dizzy C's Little Book Blog
Lynda Dickson at Books Direct has set up a fabulous post for me which I wasn't expecting and made a lump appear in my throat.

I am guesting at:
Romance that Rocks Your World with Nicky Wells
Taking the Plunge with Sheryl Browne where I talk about a time in my life I rarely discuss-it'll probably surprise you.

You can read a terrific newspaper feature HERE

Book Signing photos on Facebook - even one with me in specs!

You can listen to the podcasts from Stafford FM HERE and find out what Kim Nash thought of Surfing in Stilettos.

Finally, please pop along to Indies Unlimited where you can see all three of the book trailers that were made for this book. Please vote for the one you like the most. Your opinion is very much valued.

*     *     *     *     *

As part of the lead up to the launch I have been running a sort of treasure/person hunt on Facebook recently. Final clues will be given out this week and winners announced in the next few days.
*     *     *     *     *

The elegant and mysterious Bibi Chevalier, Amanda Wilson's new friend, will be available for an on-line chat on Twitter this week too. Times and day to be announced.
*     *     *     *     *
Huge thanks to all of you who have encouraged me and continued to support me throughout this year while I finished Surfing in Stilettos and I hope that you thoroughly enjoy it and it makes you laugh like crazy. After all..."He who laughs...lasts!"

39 comments:

  1. Yeyyy...Happy Day for you my friend! I am in the midst of reading the book and love it!!! Have a fantastic Day!

    Big hugs,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva - so glad you are enjoying it-that's what makes my day-putting a smile on people's faces. xxx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Carol. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lynda - much appreciated

      Delete
  3. Happy Launch day, Carol.
    Thank you for being guest on my blog today, and for the generous giveaway.

    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Launch day, Carol.
    Thank you for being guest on my blog today, and for the generous giveaway.

    carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Carol....for hosting it and for being a superb friend. xx

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome, as always xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Carol- wow! I am full of admiration - not just writing a book but sending it off with such a great bang! I'll be along at DizzyC's anytime soon. Have a great day - and see you at Thornberry!
    AliB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ali- If you are going to do something this much fun it deserves to be launched with an appropriate bang! The second bang will be even louder when it is published by ThornBerry next month...watch out for real fireworks!

      Delete
  6. Have a great day, Carol! I wish you and the book the best success for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris thank you very much. Please give the Evil Feline Overlord an extra sprat from me for all his tweets!

      Delete
  7. Just calling by to wish you all the best today, As you already know I am really looking forward to reading and reviewing 'Surfing in Stilettos'. I apologise that it is taking so long to climb Mt TBR but I feel it will be worth the wait, half the excitement is in the anticipation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LindyLouMac. I love it when you drop by and leave a message. I have been enjoying your YouTube videos and posts about Italy too.
      I completely understand that it takes time to read and review books and I am waiting with eager anticipation to hear what you think of it. (The cheque is in the post!)

      Delete
  8. My leetle friend! I couldn't let the day go by without popping over to say "Happy Book Launch Day" and many,many congratulations on the publication of your second very funny novel. Well done you, you leetle mynx, even though it has taken you away from us here, and I for one miss the fun and the smiles that you always gave me. I've got no=one to be silly with any more! :( Hope the book is a huge success for you. If I was there, we could crack open the bubbly and celebrate in style! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be a 'party' without you. Never fear Hubby, Mother, Son and I will be back to regale you with our madcap lives as soon as the week is over.
      If only you were here-you might also crack Hubby's face which is set in a grimace at the moment :)

      Delete
  9. Hey! Tweeted you. Good luck. Looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a top person. Thank you very much...that's a very appropriate word to describe it!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Laurie thank you very much indeed. Catch you later at IU.

      Delete
  11. I won't have a word said about that lovely hubby of yours! Give him a big hug from that nice lady down in Devon (very wet again at the moment! - Devon that is - NOT the lady!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snigger snigger! Not laughing at the rain but at your comment. Rain is en route here too. Hubby has just cut the grass in anticipation of being rained off tomorrow. Summer? What Summer? Hubby says "Thank you for the hug. You are most civilised and it is nice to know Facing 50 hangs out with such nice people. xx"

      Delete
  12. Dear BOTUK--
    Re your videos: I'm torn between #1 & #3. The first one may be more professional, but the third is downright funny & really held my interest! I read your guesting on TAKING THE PLUNGE--you are absolutely amazing! Please let us know when a Kindle version of your book will be available. I'm reading it now & thoroughly enjoying it, but I want a Kindle version I can carry with me in case I want to read it again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fsihducky my friend I love #3 too. Sylvia Massara made it for me and it made me laugh out loud, especially the Grumpy picture!
      Thank you for your comment about TAKING THE PLUNGE I don't normally talk about that time in my life...it was a dark time but hey! I escaped!
      ThornBerry Publishing will be releasing the Kindle version of Surfing in Stilettos late September. As soon as I have a date I'll email you with it - promise. I wouldn't want to let down such a precious friend!

      Delete
  13. Sorry I'm a bit late to this post, but better late than never. That's my motto! Hope you are having a fabulous day. I absolutely loved Mini Skirts & Laughter Lines and reading a sequel always has a lot to live up. However, Surfing in Stilletos certainly lived up to my expectations. It was truly wonderful and I did feel that I was sitting in a gorgeous garden one day, with the French sunshine beating down on my face, knocking back a glass of red with the wonderful Amanda & Bibi. A fantastic book by a fabulous lady who does what she preaches and proves that as she said at a book event earlier this week "life has an expiry date so make the most of every minute." Have a fabulous day Carol, I hope this day is a good one for you and that the book is a huge success. Lots of love Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim you are brilliant! I am going to promote you to my own personal PR top agent. When I get that Ferrari you can have a matching one! xxxxx

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on your book launch! I love the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I'm very fond of this cover too...love everything French...well, wine, wine and the Eiffel Tower!

      Delete
  15. Here you go again making all the rest of us look like slackers! Congratulations on yet another great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You a slacker? As if! Thanks though for the compliment. I am always chuffed when you stop by and leave a comment.

      Delete
  16. Dearest Carol,

    You deserve to be mentioned in Celia's post! Congrats with you 2nd novel; have to get this one too. Makes for lots of laughter and we all need that!
    Happy weekend to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariette thank yo so much for popping by. Celia and I started blogging at the same time and she has been my firmest supported throughout all the writing. I adore her!
      I heard you and Pieter enjoyed the first one very much. I hope he lends you his Nook for this one ;)
      XXX

      Delete
  17. FABulous post, Carol. Well done you! I agree with Kim (and you!). Life is too short. Enjoy while you can. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheryl you have been fantastic today (and always). Thank you so much for hosting me today at your blog and for supporting the launch wholeheartedly. Life has an expiry date - so enjoy it to the max! xx

      Delete
  18. Congratulations on the launch of your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanthie thank you very much indeed and thank you for coming by. x

      Delete
  19. Hey lady sorry I missed the launch it has been a hectic um life? haha
    congrats though! The book was wonderful as only you can write! Loved it and love you too. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the official launch!!! Oh,and the FiveSibes are wooing their praise, with our Miss Chloe leading the pack!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment and make my day!