Friday, 21 September 2012

"Young at Heart...."

Avis Randall

     Those of you who have read my books know that I am a big believer of ageing disgracefully! Well, Amanda’s mother does a good job of ageing disgracefully with her exploits abroad while Amanda is always attempting to discover new activities and challenges to keep her and Phil focussed on fun and life.
     Recently, I have been giving talks about ageing as part of my book tours. I have discovered, not surprisingly that people want to enjoy life and take up challenges no matter what their age.
     I’d like to introduce you to someone who is one such person. Avis Randall was originally published by Piatkus in 1997 but has now joined ThornBerry publishing. 
     Set in her native North Somerset, A Drift of Daisies was launched as an eBook on September 12th. It is a deeply moving novel in the tradition of Maeve Binchy. The sequel Moondrift will be released next year.
     The reason for me bringing this to your attention other than it is an exceptionally good read (I have put an extract below) is that Avis has just broken into the world of the internet and is embracing it. She has now got an eBook released and another on its way. So what’s special? Avis is (and I hope she doesn’t mind me mentioning it here) a youthful 82. See, you are never too old to try something new.

Avis’s novel – A Drift of Daisies is available for purchase from these links - AMAZON UK and AMAZON US 

Please click on the title under the photograph to learn more about Avis and to read an extract from the book.
A Drift of Daisies

13 comments:

  1. What an amazing lady; she gives me hope!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva you are an inspiration too - If I could be half as entertaining as you then I would have achieved highly.

      Delete
  2. Carol she sounds wonderfully fun! and certainly does not look 82!! great inspiration for moving forward and embracing the changes of technology ... will definitely check out her link!! Hugs, C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you C. I think both you and I know how much technology has assisted us in our lives but to get involved later in life is truly commendable. Hugs back and extra ones for the 'furbabies'.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope I am still writing and blogging when I am that age. (Along with you of course!) x

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot! If she can do it I now have to step up my game and find myself around the internet! I'm terrified. I heard there is a big vast world beyond blogging and email. Now I have to go find it. Carol I believe you are on a mission to kill me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one determined lady who doesn't require any extra motivation. I am sure you will succeed in whatever you do my friend. x

      Delete
  5. Way to go! I'm so inspired by ladies like Avis. Great post, Carol, for introducing us.

    Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have met some incredible people since I started blogging Janice. I am constantly being reminded that age is no barrier to anything and Avis is another example of this.

      Delete
  6. Avis is truely an inspiration to us all - never to give up writing and always try something new. Thanks, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Kit. I am hugely supportive of anyone who wants to have a go. Better to try and fail than not try at all.

      Delete
  7. Ah, Avis, I was wondering how long you would last before you'd join the online author's club, LOL! Congrats yet again on your launch and a big thanks to Carol for hosting you. Hope it's all going really well and that you are finding your Internet feet! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment and make my day!