Monday, 8 October 2012

"Surf City here we come..."

 'SURFING IN STILETTOS' CRASHES ONTO THE VIRTUAL BOOKSHELVES!


     It's time at last! Press the play button above and get your surf boards out...well, better still, get those photos up of your stilettos or whatever you wear when you surf the net. My shoes can be found here and it was an incredible feat (boom boom!) to photograph them while I wore them. Go to the tab above entitled 'Surfing in Stilettos' to join in the stilettos competition and to see what prizes I have for you. Believe me, they are terrific.

*     *     *     *     *

     Surfing in Stilettos is smashing onto the virtual bookshelves. Today sees the release of the eBook version of my latest novel by my publishers ThornBerry Publishing. Many thanks to them for taking me on and thank you to all of you who have already bought the paperback version and written such fantastic reviews for it. Not got a copy yet? Well, this is your chance to get one.

Click on the link here for a copy of a book that is guaranteed to give you  "Giggles galore!"




     Some of you may already know about my journey into blogging. It all began when I needed to research blogs for my first novel, Mini Skirts and Laughter Lines. Because the novel was to be written in the first person, I needed a diary format. The problem was that the diary format had been used time and time again, so I wondered how else my character could tell the world her story and at the same time make friends. I came up with the idea of her starting a blog and in order to see if it were possible for a middle aged woman to write a blog about her life and make friends all over the world I started this one, which has of course the same name as Amanda's blog, Facing 50 with Humour.
     In an example of art imitating life, like Amanda, I have made an amazing number of friends thanks to the blogging community. When I wrote Surfing in Stilettos I wanted to continue and develop the theme of friendship. Today, as celebration of the release of Surfing in Stilettos by ThornBerry Publishing, I would like to bring you all together again and remind us all that the blogging community is a vast, friendly organisation comprising of all types of people from all over our globe.
     If you browse about the blog today and click on the tab headings above, you will discover you are able to enter various competitions for fantastic prizes kindly donated by fellow bloggers who are talented in ways you may not know!
    Each tab heading is the name of one of the characters in the novel Surfing in Stilettos. You will learn a little about them and discover a competition relevant to that character on every page .
     Links are provided on each page and don't forget to leave messages here and everywhere you visit. If you leave your blog address in the comments section below, we'll be able to come and follow your blogs too.




Before we begin and start dancing around our handbags, a brief thank you speech... (cough, cough!)

A huge thank you to ThornBerry Publishing for taking me on and publishing Surfing in Stilettos. 
I am indebted to Linn and everyone at loveahappyending for all their endless support and friendship.
Big thanks to Famous Five Plus who have done a feature on me today and who have supported me tirelessly, especially Pauline.
Thanks too to Indies Unlimited who again have featured me today on the website. (You will also find an article on that site all about 'Fakebook fans' that I wrote based on my research for the character of Richard. See under the tab 'Richard' for more details of false Facebook friends and stalkers.)
Dizzy C who enjoys a cameo appearance in the novel and has been a staunch supporter since I began this journey.
Janice Horton, a fellow loveahappyending.com author for letting me monopolise her blog today and for putting up with Hubby in a kilt.
Ali Bacon, for also letting me monopolise her blog today.
Thisisme for being the nicest, kindest best friend ever.
Melanie Robertson-King who, in spite of touring for days with her latest release, found time to host me at her blog.
Lou Graham - a great reviewer and wonderful person.
ShaRhonda - for being hugely supportive of all my events. - Check out her photo.
(Apologies to those I have missed out here. So many people have reviewed, tweeted, encouraged and supported me again. You are too many to mention personally. I shall make it up to you - I promise!)
And last, but not at all least, to all of you for once again being the greatest friends. There are many other sites mentioned on each of the pages. Take your time, have fun, grab some of those virtual canapés that Hubby has prepared and...

Enjoy the party!

stiletto heel is a long, thin, high heel found on some boots and shoes, usually for women. It is named after the stiletto dagger, the phrase being first recorded in the early 1930s

60 comments:

  1. congratulations Carol and i wish you all the best with Surfing in Stilettos! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ao - and thank you for all your friendship and help over the last two years. x

      Delete
  2. Wow, I am the first, the first! I don't think I can contain the excitement. This time zone stuff and Earth rotation is finally working for me. Can't wait to enter for all the prizes, I gotta win a least one time cause I loveeee stilettos, and your books obviously . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alessandra - welcome! There are more peeps lurking about so you'll no doubt bump into them at one of the competitions but you are the first onto the site today so maybe that deserves a prize!
      Good luck. Hope you win something...who doesn't love stilettos? Oh yes, my corn just reminded me that I am not as keen on them as I once was!
      Have fun. xx

      Delete
  3. Had to come along and wish you a fabulous day of celebrations! What a hoot and so like you - don't forget to take off those heels after the first glass of Cava - falling from a great height isn't fun unless you bounce! Off to buy my copy now! Lxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly why I am prancing about in flats this morning. i quaffed a bottle before breakfast as you can tell from my typing!
      I'll wear the heels later.
      Thank you so much for popping by and enjoy the book. :)

      Delete
  4. Yowzer, other Carol! What a lovely party!!! Still trying to locate the cake, but I'm sure if I hang around long enough it will appear!!! May have to pop over to my own virtual space but will return (oh yes) xxx <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake later - about 11am. Hubby is just finishing icing it. Catch you later and many thanks for coming by...I love having celebs like you drop by. x

      Delete
  5. Just had to pop over before I've even had a shower (ugh!) to wish you the bestest day ever! Congratulations you leetle mynx. The whole universe should buy your book. It is fantastic and, just like you, hilariously funny! Oh, I was touched beyond words to actually get a mention here today, she says, wiping away a tear. Thank you. I shall be popping in andout throughout the day. The new header is great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You of all people deserve a mention here. You have been my most loyal follower and friend for yonks!
      Thank you so much for all your support, for these kind words above and your generous review on Amazon.
      Now, get in that shower and get those heels on. We need you back here. Hubby has iced the cake especially and is looking forward to pouring your champagne. xx

      Delete
  6. Just dropping in to say congratulations and enjoy your day. Will pop back in when dusting done to enjoy a glass of champagne! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kit! Many thanks for coming by. I shall keep several bottles chilled throughout the day for thirsty guests so come back whenever you are ready. xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the shout out.
    I have joined in with a post about my stilettos
    http://dizzycslittlebookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/happy-pub-day-to-carol-e-wyer.html

    I will pop in again later.

    Happy Launch day, dear blog friend!

    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Surfing in Stilletos is amazing, and i would like to wish you all the best with the book's launch! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Lucinda it is a pleasure to welcome you here. Your reviews have been incredible and I would like to thank you here publicly for them. Enjoy the party - maybe you could win something else here:)

      Delete
  10. Hi, I can see that this is a must have book. I came over from 'this is me' and am so glad I came. I've joined your followers as well so that I can find you again!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely! Thisisme is one of my favourite people. So glad you have joined the team and I look forward to seeing you here again. x

      Delete
  11. Happy Launch Day!! Have a fantastic day and enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy and thank you for dropping by. x

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your launch day, Carol! Have a fantastic day and I'll pop back in a while to see how the party is progressing. I just hope no one has a bit too much champagne and teeters off their stilettos. Could be nasty.
    Cheers!

    Melanie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got stcuk in the virtual queue in the virtual Tesco buying more virtual champagne but I am now back. I am now getting a real glass to toast you all. Thanks Melanie for coming by and catch you later. x

      Delete
  13. What a fabulous party Carol - enjoy your special day - I'll be popping in and out all day here and on Twitter to see what you are up to next!

    Party on!

    Love Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You looked utterly fabulous dah-ling in those shoes. I am emerald green with shoe envy. Are they my size? I might have to ply you with champagne and steal them while you are unconscious on the floor :)

      Delete
  14. eeek and double eeek! I didn't realize that I had to publish a photo of myself as I usually look whilst surfing the net, so I have now put that right! Would the judges please go over to my blog again and look at my photo, as I really, really, really would love to win one of those gorgeous keyrings. (I'm not going to bribe anyone this time though, as I had to do when I won the mini skirt competition last year!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the judges got held up in traffic so you have not yet been judged :) (I understand they are very open to bribery - Hob Nobs and champagne!) xx

      Delete
  15. It's a great read having read it in paperback, have a fabulous party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pauline and thanks for helping to make this party swing.

      Delete
  16. Congratulations Carol. What an exciting day. I shared your cool video and look forward to reading the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen you look divine in those heels - hope your wife doesn't mind you wearing them! Huge thanks to you and everyone at Indies Unlimited for being such brilliant friends.

      Delete
  17. Carol, I truly am so happy for you! Your success is exciting and you include us in it along your path. That's what I love about you. You stay "real". I can't wait for my book from Amazon so I can read it. So excited! You're the best! You're amazing! OK, is that enough bribery and sucking up now?! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are brilliant! I promise one day we'll get together and have a right royal knees up at Thisisme's place - then you can see how real I can be (I.e. drunk!)
      Thank you so much for your words and for being here. Sorry I missed you in the chatroom - I could see the conversation on my phone but couldn't join in. Hope to catch you later xxx

      Delete
  18. YAY!!! another fabulous novel to bring more smiles and laughter to everyone's day !! Can't wait for the next one ... You are making the world a much happier and fun place one novel at a time! Blessings dear friend ... I'm a little late to the party .. but I'm here and even left an extra pair of heels on my blog in case anyone needs a pair.. :)
    http://attitudeivlife.blogspot.ca/2012/10/a-party-invite-what-shoes-to-wear.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The judges have been at your blog so long now I fear they might not return. Those heels must have been really beautiful.
      thank you for your truly lovely words and for being my very own 'SexyFitChick' best friend. She kept Amanda sane and you do the same for me. Here's to a very long friendship - *cheers!*

      Delete
  19. HUGE congratulations, Carol! What a fun party, too... off to enter the Stiletto competition in a minute. Rock on! Here's wishing you all the best on your launch!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicky. The judges are behind with their marking but will get to you never fear. I bet you have a cracking pair of heels to show off. Thanks too for being here and all your incredible support xx

      Delete
  20. Congratulations Carol! So excited for you. Loving the launch party and all the fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Massive hugs to you for being here and joining in. It is genuinely lovely to see you back here. xxx

      Delete
  21. Congratulations Carol, I NEED that pink shoe in the picture ( well and the other one to match!! ) Hope your launch day is very successful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the other one is under a chair somewhere. Hubby was wearing them when I last looked :)
      Many thanks for your kind words and for visiting. Hope you entered the competitions. x

      Delete
  22. Help! I can't get into your chatroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay - I'm in. Fishducky and Bouncin'Barb wouldn't let me in until I said the special password!

      Delete
    2. Well, you know what those two are like. I could see you all there but couldn't get in either. I blame fishducky.

      Delete
  23. This looks like fun! My first visit too! http://takingachanceinlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I hope it won't be your last. I'll be by later when I have thrown out the last of the drunken guests to say hello at your blog. Many thanks for visiting and commenting. xx

      Delete
  24. Congratulations, Carol ... whew, I had a hard time finding you in this happy throng of party animals! What a fantastic bash! Friendship and laughter + a well-stocked bar and a great book launch to celebrate = SUCCESS! I'm off to find my shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia...it's a bit of a struggle to see anyone now I have drunk several bottles of fizz. So glad you are here to join in the celebrations. Sorry it took so long to get to you.
      I think I saw fishducky running off with som eshoes-were they yours? They were very stylish.
      Thanks so much for being part of this huge celebration. xxx

      Delete
  25. I left this comment (apparently 3 times) on your book's link:
    I don't wear shoes unless I'm forced to, but my feet are at http://www.fishducky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right - I have woken up the judges who were taking a nap and they are on their way immediately. xxx

      Delete
  26. Just popping back for a glass of champers and to show off my "ruby slippers". Secret weapon in my handbag... those killer black sandals that I displayed on my blog...

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Carol =) am just in from work - been a long day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless you! Thank you very much indeed for being here and for letting us have one of your fab paintings.
      Now, kick off those heels and get some rest.xxx

      Delete
  28. fishducky = WHY aren't you over at the Launch Party. We're having fun and meeting new people as well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Carol,
    Parachuting in late to say Many Congratulations on such a successful launch day - well deserved, such a great book and looks as though it's well on it's way to selling shedloads - will raise a glass to you this evening m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo you are very kind. Many thanks and cheers xxxxx

      Delete
  30. Sorryvto arrive so late in the day but better late than never. Congratulations on the launch of your brilliant book. I really do hope you sell gazillions of copies.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My comment was published before I had finished - how very rude! Just wanted to say that I am raising a glass and wishing you lots of love and luck with the book. A fabulous book from a fabulous lady! Lots of love from Kim xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe you so much Kim and having you here today means a lot too. Thank you. Here's to raising that real glass together *Cheers!*
      xx

      Delete
  32. Miss Carol, please forgive me. I've been so busy perfecting my tap dancing on snapping alligator snouts routine I totally forgot to tout your soiree. Mea culpa.

    As usual you are the hostess with the mostest.

    Best of luck with your latest book. (Although I know you won't need it!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment and make my day!