Saturday, 24 November 2012

"Are 'Friends' Electric?"


I am very excited to be able to announce the release of a brand new book that should appeal to not just authors and bloggers but anyone who wants to become more familiar with this wonderful internet world.
     Since I joined Indies Unlimited, I have learned an incredible amount about social networking and what is available for me, not just as a writer and blogger but as a reader and a social networking butterfly. 
     Thanks to IU can make videos, have professional pages on Goodreads, Shelfari, LinkedIn and others. My blog gets a huge number of hits thanks to these platforms. I know all about StumbleUpon, Reddit and how to make a Gravatar. I have grown my fan bases on all social networking sites. I have made valuable contacts on LinkedIn and even more valuable friends on other social networking sites.
    If you want to have more of an on-line presence or just understand some of the amazing websites and tools available to you, then this is the book for you.
This book has sixty-two tutorials which are brilliantly displayed, easy to understand and written with a touch of ‘snark’.
     Often, when I give my talks to groups about getting familiar with using the internet and what benefits there are for you I am at a loss to recommend one book, an encyclopaedia if you like, of ‘How tos...’ Now I can.
     I cannot praise this book enough nor its authors, especially K.S. Brooks who will be appearing on my blog at a later date. This remarkable lady is the author of thirteen books and keeps us all in line at Indies Unlimited. She is also an award winning photographer and one of the funniest, sharpest people I know.
     Check out the book by looking inside it for free. If it appeals, reach into your pockets and make an investment. It will be extremely worthwhile.This is the book that will transform your digital world.
Tutorials and Tools for Prospering in a Digital World.

Click to check it out - HERE.

Oh, one last thing. I am one of the contributing authors – yes, my mug shot and details are in it too. So, I’m not being too altruistic, am I?

6 comments:

  1. Must be a winner if you're in it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a brilliant book and my contribution is tiny but I am proud to be even a tiny part of it. Thanks for the compliment though Eva. x

      Delete
  2. Too much for my old brain to absorb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bought it, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ideal for you Margaret. It'll explain all those things we were talking about and say it better than my emails were.

      Delete

Please leave me a little comment and make my day!